This is a limited enrolment program. To be eligible to submit an application, students must have completed at least 4.0 FCEs including CSC148H1 (with a minimum grade of 70%) and CSC165H1/ CSC240H1 (with a minimum grade of 70%). Students will be assessed based on a competitive average across these courses, and a supplemental application which will be considered alongside their academic results.
- Requests for admission will be considered in the first program request period only. For detailed program enrolment instructions and application deadlines for restricted programs please click here.
- Due to the limited enrolment nature of this program students are strongly advised to plan to enroll in backup programs.
- Students admitted to the program after second or third year will be required to pay retroactive deregulated program fees.
(8.0 full course equivalents [FCEs], including at least 0.5 FCE at the 400-level)
- Students with a strong background in an object-oriented language such as Python, Java or C++ may omit CSC108H1 and proceed directly with CSC148H1. [There is no need to replace the missing half-credit for program completion; however, please base your course choice on what you are ready to take, not on “saving” a half-credit].
- CSC240H1 is an accelerated and enriched version of CSC165H1 plus CSC236H1, intended for students with a strong mathematical background, or who develop an interest after taking CSC165H1. If you take CSC240H without CSC165H1, there is no need to replace the missing half-credit for program completion; but please see Note (a).
- Consult the Undergraduate Office for advice about choosing among CSC108H1 and CSC148H1, and between CSC165H1 and CSC240H1.
- We recommend that students take MAT137Y1 or MAT157Y1, as they have been determined to provide the best preparation for upper-year courses in computer science and benefit students in CSC165H1/ CSC240H1. Similarly, we recommend MAT223H1 or MAT240H1, if students choose one of these options in their later years.
Second year (2.5 FCEs):
Later years (3.0 FCEs):
3. 3.0 FCEs from the following:
- Any 200-/300-/400-level CSC course;
- BCB410H1, BCB420H1, BCB330Y1/ BCB430Y1;
- ECE385H1, ECE489H1;
- MAT223H1/ MAT240H1/ MAT221H1, MAT235Y1/ MAT237Y1/ MAT257Y1, any 300-/400-level MAT course except MAT329Y1, MAT390H1, MAT391H1
with at least 0.5 FCE from a 400-level CSC/BCB course, at least 1.0 additional FCE from 300-/400-level CSC/BCB/ECE courses, and at least 0.5 additional FCE from a 300-/400-level course.
The choices in 3 must satisfy the requirement for an integrative, inquiry-based activity by including one of the following half-courses: CSC301H1, CSC318H1, CSC404H1, CSC311H1/ CSC411H1, CSC418H1, CSC420H1, CSC428H1, CSC454H1, CSC485H1, CSC490H1, CSC491H1, CSC494H1, CSC495H1. This requirement may also be met by participating in the PEY (Professional Experience Year) program. Transfer credits cannot comprise more than 1.0 FCE at the 300-/400-level, and cannot be used to satisfy the requirement for an integrative, inquiry-based activity. In addition, transfer credits cannot be used to satisfy the requirement for 0.5 FCE at the 400-level in CSC/BCB.