This is a limited enrolment program. To be eligible to submit an application, students must have completed at least 4.0 FCEs including CSC148H1 (with a minimum grade of 70%) and CSC165H1/ CSC240H1 (with a minimum grade of 70%). Students will be assessed based on a competitive average across these courses, and a supplemental application which will be considered alongside their academic results.
- Requests for admission will be considered in the first program request period only. For detailed program enrolment instructions and application deadlines for restricted programs please click here.
- Due to the limited enrolment nature of this program students are strongly advised to plan to enroll in backup programs.
(4.0 full course equivalents [FCEs])
- Students with a strong background in Java or C++ may omit CSC108H1 and proceed directly with CSC148H1.
- CSC240H1 is an accelerated and enriched version of CSC165H1 plus CSC236H1, intended for students with a strong mathematical background, or who develop an interest after taking CSC165H1.
- Consult the Undergraduate Office for advice about choosing among CSC108H1 and CSC148H1, and between CSC165H1 and CSC240H1.
(Total of above requirements: 2.5 FCEs. If you take fewer than 2.5 FCEs, you must take more than 1.5 FCEs from the next list, so that the total is 4.0 FCEs.)
3. 1.5 FCEs from the following list, of which at least 1.0 FCE must be at the 300-/400-level:
- CSC: any 200-/300-/400-level
- Computer Science Minors are limited to three 300-/400-level CSC/ECE half-courses.
- Transfer credits cannot comprise more than 0.5 FCE at the 300-/400-level.