(7 full courses or their equivalent)
- GER100Y1, GER200Y1, GER300Y1, GER400H1
- GER150H1 (to be taken as early as possible), GER205H1 (should be taken together with GER200Y1, must be taken prior to completing GER300Y1), GER305H1
- At least 1.5 additional F.C.E. in GER courses on the 300-level
- At least 0.5 additional F.C.E. in GER courses on the 400-level (except GER401H1)
- No more than 1.5 F.C.E. courses taught in English
- Up to 1.0 F.C.E. in identified or preapproved cognate courses may count (i.e. courses offered by other departments containing a relevant Germanic component and a final paper on a Germanic topic); please inquire at the Department and get approved in advance.
Notes: (a) All majors should schedule an appointment with the Undergraduate Coordinator for personalized counselling as early in their studies as possible; (b) students with prior German knowledge are required to contact the department to take a placement test; self-placement is not allowed; (c) Completion of GER205H1 is a prerequisite for taking ANY 300-level literature courses taught in German; (d) completion of GER305H1 is a prerequisite for taking ANY 400-level literature courses taught in German; (e) 300-level courses may be replaced by 400-level courses (inquire in advance); (f) GER401H1 is not a program requirement, but recommended.