Note: The following completion requirements will be in effect for students enrolling in Spring 2019. For students enrolling in the Spring 2018 enrolment period, consult the requirements stated in the 2017-18 Calendar.
This program is designed to prepare a student for professional work as an actuary, and more generally in the financial risk management industry.
- MAT137Y1 (63%)/ MAT157Y1 (60%)
- MAT223H1/ MAT240H1 (should be taken in first year, enforced as a prereq for MAT237Y1)
- ECO101H1, ECO102H1
To be completed before the end of Second Year:
- STA130H1 (students should complete this course by the end of the Fall Semester of Second Year)
- CSC108H1/ CSC120H1/ CSC121H1/ CSC148H1
- A set of mandatory courses (3.5 FCEs): ACT348H1, ACT370H1, ACT451H1, ACT452H1, STA302H1, STA314H1, ACT350H1
- 2 FCE to be selected from lists 1 and 2 (students can only use at a maximum 1FCE from list 2, the practice oriented courses, to fulfill program requirements):
(1) ACT349H1, ACT371H1, ACT455H1, ACT460H1, ACT466H1, STA457H1, STA414H1, and
(2) ACT372H1, ACT470H1, ACT471H1, ACT473H1, ACT475H1.
In order to enroll in ANY 300- or 400-level ACT course, the minimum grade of C must be obtained in each of ACT240H1, ACT245H1 and ACT247H1. The enrolment requirements and the prerequisites for all ACT courses will be strictly enforced.
Students who have an interest in pursuing studies in mathematical finance should consider taking MAT244H1, MAT336H1/ MAT337H1 and APM346H1. Students in the Actuarial Science Specialist Program who have successfully completed ACT348H1 and ACT349H1 may request to enroll in the following RSM courses (provided the appropriate prerequisites and corequisites are met): RSM430H1, RSM433H1, RSM437H1. MAT246H1 is recommended (not required) for students in the Actuarial Science Specialist Program.