The following requirements apply to students admitted to the Criminology and Sociolegal Studies specialist in 2018. Each course requirement is individual and cannot be used more than once. A course taken on a CR/NCR basis may not be used to satisfy program requirements.
Total FCEs: 11.0 of which 7.0 FCEs must be CRI courses (including 3.0 FCEs 300+level courses from Group A and 1.0 FCE 400-level from Group B) .
1. 2.0 FCEs from ECO/HIS/PHL/POL/PSY/SOC (any combination/level)
2. All of: CRI205H1, CRI210H1, CRI225H1, CRI335H1, CRI340H1, CRI343H1, CRI350H1
3. At least 2.5 FCEs from Group A
4. At least 1.0 FCE from Group B
5. Additional FCEs (excluding those already counted) from Groups A, B or C for a total of 11.0 FCEs
Note: Students may use a maximum of 1.0 Independent Study FCE and 1.0 Research Participation FCE towards their Criminology & Sociolegal Studies program.
Group C: ANT444Y/ HIS411H1/ PHL271H1/ PHL370H1/ POL242Y/ PSY201H1/ PSY202H1/ PSY220H1/ PSY240H1/ PSY328H1/ SOC205H1 / SOC212H1/ SOC306Y/ SOC313H1/ SOC315H1/ SOC413H1/ TRN412H1/ CRI215H1/ CRI389Y0
Note about non CRI courses:
- Group C courses are offered by other departments. Registration in these courses may be available only to students who have completed specified prerequisites and/or are enrolled in a program sponsored by the department offering the course. Course enrolment conditions are listed in the Arts and Science timetable. Course descriptions, prerequisites, corequisites and exclusions are listed in the Calendar.
- Students who have completed criminology/sociolegal type courses in the Faculty of Arts and Science that are not included in Group C may email the Program Coordinator to find out if the courses can be used towards the Group C program requirements.