One half course = 0.5 FCE; e.g., FAH102H1
At least nine FAH FCEs, and two FCEs in one or more languages including at least one German, French, or Italian, though an acceptable alternative modern language such as Dutch or Russian (or Chinese and/or another Asian language) may be acceptable. It is strongly recommended that students acquire a reading knowledge of German, French, or Italian by the end of the third year. Students specializing in Ancient or Medieval art should also recognize the necessity of studying Greek and/or Latin. Students interested in pursuing Asian art history will need to acquire Chinese and/or Japanese and/or another Asian language.
1. At least one half course in each of Groups A, B, C, and D (see below for definitions).
2. One additional half course in Group A and Group B.
3. No more than 3.5 FCEs may be taken at the 200-level.
4. 3.5 FCEs at the 300+level
5. 1 FCE at the 400 level.No more than 1.5 FCEs at the 400-level will be counted toward fulfilling program requirements.
6. Approved courses in other programs may be substituted for up to two FAH FCEs. See Department web site for details.
In addition, the Faculty of Arts and Science requires Fine Art History Specialists who do not complete FAH338H1 to complete at least 0.5 FCE in Arts and Science courses in Breadth Category 5: The Physical and Mathematical Universes.