(12.5 FCE, including at least 3.0 FCE at the 400-level)
The Specialist Program in Mathematics is directed toward students who hope to pursue mathematical research as a career.
Second and Higher Years:
1. At least 0.5 FCE with a significant emphasis on ethics and social responsibility: ENV333H1/ ETH201H1/ ETH210H1/ ETH220H1/ HPS200H1/ IMC200H1/ JPH441H1/ PHL265H1/ PHL273H1/ PHL275H1/ PHL281H1 or another H course approved by the Department.
NOTE: Students may use the CR/NCR option with this H course and have it count toward the Mathematics Specialist program. Students in the VIC program may also use VIC172Y1.
Third and Fourth Years:
1. MAT347Y1, MAT354H1, MAT357H1, MAT363H1/ MAT367H1 ( MAT363H1 can be taken in the second year, if desired)
2. 2.0 FCE of: MAT309H1, MAT351Y1, ANY 400-level APM/MAT
3. 3.0 FCE of APM/MAT at the 300+ level, including at least 2.0 FCE at the 400 level (these may include options above not already chosen)
1. The Department recommends that PHY151H1 and PHY152H1 be taken in the First Year, and that CSC148H1 and STA257H1 be taken during the program. If you do not have a year-long course in programming from high school, the Department strongly recommends that you take CSC108H1 prior to CSC148H1.
2. Students planning to take specific fourth year courses should ensure that they have the necessary second and third year prerequisites.
3. Students with a CGPA of 3.5 and above may apply to have graduate level math courses count towards their 400-level course requirements.