Although Sexual Diversity Studies offers no first-year courses (though some students may come to SDS having taken UC104Y: Engaging Toronto: Sex in the City), and has no prerequisites to take our second-year introductory courses, students may find it useful to take a broad range of courses in their first year from the Humanities and Social Sciences, such as first-year courses in Anthropology (ANT100Y), Art (FAH101H, FAH102H), Classics (CLA160H), Drama (DRM100Y), English ENG110Y, ENG140Y, ENG150Y), Geography (GGR124H), History (HIS106Y, HIS109Y), Philosophy (PHL100Y), Sociology (SOC101Y, SOC102H, SOC103H), or Women and Gender Studies (WGS160Y).
(10 full courses or their equivalent, including 4.0 FCEs at the 300+ level, 1.0 of which must be at the 400-level)
2. SDS354H1, SDS355H1
3. At least two of: JPS315H1 (formerly JPU315H1)/ ENG273Y1/ SDS365H1/ CRI387H1 ( SDS365H1 and CRI387H1 cannot be used together to fulfill this requirement, though students are free to take both courses)
4. At least one of JSU237H1/ SDS345H1 (or another approved course on HIV/AIDS)
5. At least one of SDS381H1/ SDS477H1 (or another approved course on Trans Studies)
6. SDS382H1 (or another approved course on sexual diversity and race)
7. SDS460H1/ SDS460Y1
8. At least one additional 0.5 FCE from 400 level SDS courses ( JNS450H1/ SDS455H1/ SDS456Y1/ SDS458H1/ SDS459Y1/ SDS470H1/ SDS477H1/ SDS478H1/ SDS490Y1)
9. Any remaining courses requirements may be drawn from the SDS Electives Group to a total of 10.0 FCEs
SDS Electives Group:
ANT343H1, ANT366H1, ANT441H1, ANT456H1, ANT462H1, CIN213H1, CIN330Y1, CRI380H1, CRI387H1, ENG235H1, ENG254Y1, ENG273Y1, ENG355H1, ENG364H1, ENG365H1, ENG382Y1, ENG384Y1, FRE304H1, GGR327H1, GGR363H1, HIS202H1, HIS348H1, HIS363H1, HIS383H1, JAL355H1, JNH350H1, JNS450H1, JPR364H1, JPS315H1, JSU237H1, JSU325H1, NEW240Y1, NEW241H1, NEW341H1, NEW344H1, NEW349H1, NEW449H1, PHL243H1, PHL271H1, PHL367H1, POL482H1, PSY323H1, RLG236H1, RLG313H1, SDS255H1, SDS256H1, SDS345H1, SDS346H1, SDS354H1, SDS355H1, SDS365H1, SDS375H1, SDS376H1, SDS377H1, SDS378H1, SDS379H1, SDS380H1, SDS381H1, SDS382H1, SDS390H1, SDS455H1, SDS456Y1, SDS458H1, SDS459Y1, SDS460Y1, SDS470H1, SDS477H1, SDS478H1, SDS490Y1, SOC214Y1, SOC309Y1, SOC365H1, SOC367H1, SOC410H1, VIC343Y1, VIC352Y1, WGS160Y, WGS350H1, WGS365H1, WGS367H1, WGS368H1, WGS369H1, WGS374H1.
Other courses, such as Special Topics courses in other Departments or Programs, may be approved by the Business Officer on an individual basis. Students are responsible for checking co- and prerequisites for courses from the SDS Electives Group.