This is a limited enrolment program that can only accommodate a limited number of students. Eligibility will be competitive and based on a student’s mark (minimum average of 65%) in 1.0 FCE at the 100-level. Achieving the 65% mark does not guarantee admission to the program in any given year.
NOTE: Students cannot combine a Sociology Major program with another Sociology program (Specialist or Minor) for their degree.
1. A minimum combined average grade of 65% in SOC101Y1, or a combination of SOC102H1+ SOC103H1, SOC102H1+ SOC150H1, SOC103H1+ SOC150H1, or SOC100H1+ SOC150H1.
2. 3 full courses (3.0 FCEs) towards a degree (can be from sociology or other departments).
(7.0 FCEs in Sociology)
5. 0.5 SOC FCEs at the 400 level
6. An additional 2.0 FCEs in Sociology at the 200 or 300 level (0.5 of which must be taken at the 300 level, i.e., 1.5 FCEs at the 200 or 300 level and 0.5 at the 300 level).
1. Students cannot take more than 0.5 FCE at the 400 level without written permission from the Undergraduate Program Administrator.
2. Students cannot take more than 1.0 FCE of the program-only courses without written permission from the Undergraduate Program Administrator.